I was getting ready to toss an empty plastic herring jar into the recycling bin, and I realized this was the perfect size to hold my dpns.
I broke into the stash of Gedifra Ayala that I have been saving for goodness-knows-what, and crocheted up a jar cover. I used a pattern of dc-dc, front post dc, dc, dc, chain, cross dc over two stitches, chain - and repeat.
Gedifra makes yarn in Italy and I really love their linen blends. I snagged a lot of Ayala yarn on eBay some time back and still have about 6 skeins - all different colors. Waiting for inspiration - or a long romp thru my Ravelry gueue.
To make my storage jar even more useful, I added a crochet motif with 4 beaded stitch markers. I found a flower brad from Michael's that was perfect to attach the stitch marker to the jar.