Wish I had kept notes while I was working this project...
Well--I finally finished my pulled thread sampler. Actually, I completed the pulled thread squares about 5 years ago, but it took this long to get around to adding the hem-stitched border and hang the whole thing up.
I used a very loosely-woven fabric to work up 44 different stitches from The Danish Pulled Thread Embroidery book the Dover Needlework Series. I think Dover is just one of the best needlecraft series around; I am slowly collecting as many of these books as I can find...
Some pulled thread stitches are very difficult to work because you distort the ground fabric when you apply the necessary tension with each little "pull". With some of the stitches (like the Greek Cross), it is very hard to see and pick up the right threads.
I wish I had kept notes, so that I would know which stitch went in each block, and which ones were easiest to work.